Sunday, September 26, 2010
Dasher Silver with Faded Medallion Background
I just love this A la Carte Dasher Stamp (I have about 10 left for immediate delivery in the Cairns area! $16.80 including postage). I am about to post some more samples from the Dasher class held recently. This card uses a Stampin' Mist technique cased from Jeannine Tarrio (it looks great in Cherry Cobbler!).
1. Dasher (A la carte stamp)
3. Contempo Christmas (greeting)
4. Many Merry Messages (greeting inside)
5. Whisper White
6. Silver (Brushed Metallic cardstock p122)
Stamp Pads / Embossing Powders
7. Encore Silver (or Versamark)
8. Not Quite Navy
9. Silver embossing powder
10. Snail adhesive or tape
11. 2-way Glue Pen
12. Post-it notes
13. Stampin’ Mist (stamp cleaning spray that goes with the Stampin’ Scrub)
14. Dazzling Diamonds
16. 1” circle punch (Post-it note moon)
18. Heat Tool
19. Embossing Buddy
Notes for trickier bits:-
1. The background starts off as Whisper White card stock.
2. Punch a 1” circle from the Post-It note and place it on the card for a moon.
3. Ink up the brayer with Not Quite Navy ink and brayer over the Whisper White until you get a good coverage.
4. Remove the moon Post-it note or the colour will seep through.
5. Spray Stamin’ Mist directly on the Medallion rubber stamp and stamp it on the brayered background using the picture as a guide. The Medallion image is bleached onto the background.
6. Tear a piece of Whisper White as the snowy ground.
7. Stamp Dasher and a greeting in silver or versamark ink and heat emboss image with silver embossing powder and the heat tool.
8. Run along the torn edge with the 2-Way Glue Pen and sprinkle with Dazzling Diamonds.